Member Recognition program
Head of the Class
The Head of the Class member recognition program is organized by Caisse Desjardins de l’Éducation (the “Contest Organizer”) and runs from 8:30 a.m. on April 18, 2023, to 11:59 p.m. on November 17, 2023 (the “Contest Period”).
To be eligible for the Head of the Class member recognition program (the “Contest”), entrants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be 18 or older at the time of entry;
- Must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident;
- Must be employed in an education profession recognized by Quebec’s Ministère de l’éducation or Ministère de la famille or a related worker’s union, or
- Must be retired from an education profession recognized by Quebec’s Ministère de l’éducation or Ministère de la famille or a related worker’s union, or
- Must be studying education at a college or university recognized by Quebec’s Ministère de l’éducation;
- Must have their primary residence in Quebec;
- Must be a member of Caisse Desjardins de l’Éducation at the time of the draw.
Any entrant meeting these criteria is known as an “Eligible Entrant”
The following individuals are not eligible to enter the contest:
- Employees, managers and directors of Caisse Desjardins de l’Éducation
- Members of their immediate families (parents, siblings, children), their legal or common-law spouses or persons with whom they reside
- Individuals on whose behalf the contest is being held, their employees, representatives, agents, jury members and persons with whom they reside
HOW TO ENTER
To enter, Eligible Entrants must complete the form available on the microsite of Caisse Desjardins de l’Éducation or at www.caisseeducation.ca and click the button for the Head of the Class contest. All entrants must provide the following information: first name, last name, phone number, city of residence, email address, profession and employer.
No purchase or consideration required. To enter the Contest without purchase or consideration, Eligible Entrants must legibly handwrite their first name, last name, phone number, city of residence and email address, the date and an original text of approximately 50 words on the topic of the Head of the Class membership program and mail it in a postage-paid envelope to: Caisse Desjardins de l’Éducation, 2500–9405 rue Sherbrooke Est, Montreal QC H1L 6P3. To be valid, no-purchase/no-consideration entries must be postmarked no later than November 18, 2023, the last day of the Contest. Upon receipt, the Contest entry will automatically be registered and provide 1 chance to win. Limit of 1 entry per postage-paid envelope. All such entries will be subject to the same terms and conditions as other entries. Mechanical reproductions will not be accepted. Entries are the property of the Contest Organizer and will not be returned.
There is a limit of 1 entry per Eligible Entrant, regardless of entry method.
There are 40 prizes valued at $1,000 and 20 prizes valued at $500 to be won, for a total prize value of $50,000. Prizes will be awarded in the form of a deposit into the winner’s account at Caisse Desjardins de l’Éducation and will be distributed as follows:
Students in an education or early childhood education program: 10 x $1,000 and 8 x $500
Teachers: 5 x $1,000 and 2 x $500
Support staff: 5 x $1,000 and 2 x $500
Professional staff: 5 x $1,000 and 2 x $500
Early childhood educators, home childcare providers and home childcare provider assistants: 5 x $1,000 and 2 x $500
Management staff: 5 x $1,000 and 2 x $500
Retirees: 5 x $1,000 and 2 x $500
Anything not included in the above description is not included in the prizes and must be paid for by the Contest winner.
The winner, and not the Contest Organizer or the persons on whose behalf the Contest is being organized, is solely responsible for paying any taxes that may arise from their receipt of the prize.
The winners will be determined by computerized random draw. Draws for the $500 prizes will take place the last week of June 2023 (10 x $500) and the first week of October 2023 (10 x $500). The grand prize draws will take place the week of December 4, 2023 (40 x $1,000). All draws will take place at the premises of Caisse Desjardins de l’Éducation at 2500–9405 rue Sherbrooke Est, Montreal QC H1L 6P3 and will be witnessed by employees of the caisse. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
- To be declared a winner, selected entrants must:
a) Be reached by phone by a representative of the Contest Organizer within 2 days of the draw, within a maximum of 2 attempts. If the Contest Organizer leaves them a message, they must respond within 48 hours or they will forfeit the prize. In that case, the prize will be awarded to the next entrant whose name will have been randomly drawn following the selection process described in these Contest rules, and so on until a winner is declared.
b) Confirm that they have met the eligibility conditions and other requirements in these Contest rules.
c) Correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be asked over the phone.
d) Present their transcript or any other proof confirming their eligibility.
e) Sign the declaration and release form (the “Declaration Form”) sent to them by mail, email or fax and return it to the Contest Organizer within 10 business days of receipt.
Should a selected entrant fail to meet any of the above-mentioned conditions or any other terms and conditions in these Contest rules, they will be disqualified and, at the Contest Organizer’s discretion, the prize will be cancelled or a new draw will be held for the prize, in accordance with these Contest rules, until an entrant is selected and declared the prizewinner. In such a case, the same terms and conditions will apply, with any necessary adjustments.
- Awarding of prizes. Within 15 days of receiving the Declaration Form, the Contest Organizer will send an email to the winners to inform them how to claim their prizes. Should a selected entrant refuse their prize, the Contest Organizer will be released from all obligations relating to the awarding of the prize and may, at its discretion, cancel the prize or hold a new draw in accordance with the procedure described in the previous paragraph.
- Verification. All entries and Declaration Forms may be subject to verification by the Contest Organizer. Any that are incomplete, inaccurate, illegible, mechanically reproduced, mutilated, fraudulent, or registered or submitted late, that contain an invalid telephone number or that are otherwise non-compliant may be rejected and will not entitle the entrant to a prize.
- Disqualification. Anyone who enters or attempts to enter this Contest by means that do not comply with these Contest rules or that are unfair to other entrants (e.g., via hacking or by using a voting group or false name) will be automatically disqualified and may be reported to the legal authorities.
- Contest operation. Any attempt to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest constitutes a violation of civil and criminal law. If any such attempts are made, the Contest Organizer reserves the right to reject the entrant’s entries and obtain redress under the law.
- Entrant identification. For the purposes of these Contest rules, the Eligible Entrant is the person whose name appears on the entry form and meets the conditions of these Contest rules. The prize will be awarded to this person should they be declared a winner. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of the person who filled out the entry form, the entry will be deemed to have been sent by the authorized account holder of the email address provided in the entry, if applicable. “Authorized account holder” means the individual assigned to the email address by the internet service provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
- Acceptance of prizes. Prizes must be accepted as described in these Contest rules and cannot be exchanged, substituted or transferred to anyone else, except as stipulated in these Contest rules.
- Limitation of liability. If the Contest Organizer is unable to award the prize as described herein, it reserves the right to award a like prize of equal value or, at its sole discretion, to award the monetary value of the prize indicated herein.
In the event the prizes outnumber the Eligible Entrants, the Contest Organizer reserves the right to cancel the remaining prizes.
- Limitation of liability – Use of prize. The winners release the Contest Organizer and the persons on whose behalf the Contest is being held from any liability for damages that may arise from entering the Contest or from accepting or using the prize. The winners acknowledge that upon receipt of the prize or the letter confirming that they have won the prize, fulfilment of prize-related obligations becomes the sole and exclusive responsibility of the product and service providers. The winners undertake to sign a declaration and release form to this effect. The winners acknowledge that the only applicable guarantee is the usual manufacturer’s warranty.
- Limitation of liability – Contest operation. The Contest Organizer and the persons on whose behalf the Contest is being held cannot be held liable for any malfunction of any computer component, software or line of communication, the loss or absence of network communication, or any transmission that is faulty, incomplete, incomprehensible or deleted by any computer or network and which may limit or prevent any person from reading the Contest rules. Furthermore, the Contest Organizer cannot be held liable for any loss or damage that may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, by any web page, software or other download or by the transmission of any information concerning Contest entry. More specifically, if the administration, security, impartiality, integrity or operation of the Contest is corrupted or seriously affected by reason of a virus, bug, alteration, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other reason, the Contest Organizer reserves the right to cancel, modify, extend or suspend the Contest without prior notice (subject to approval by the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec in Quebec).
- Limitation of liability – Receipt of entries. The Contest Organizer and the persons on whose behalf the Contest is being held cannot be held liable for entries that are lost, misdirected or late, including as a result of a postal service-related problem or any breakdown, for any reason whatsoever, of the website during the Contest Period, including any damage to an entrant’s computer or mobile device.
- Limitation of liability – Situation beyond the Contest Organizer’s control. The Contest Organizer and the persons on whose behalf the Contest is being held cannot be held liable in any way whatsoever in the event their inability to act results from a fact or situation beyond their control, or from a strike, lockout or other labour dispute occurring in the organizations or companies whose services are used for Contest operation.
- Contest changes. The Contest Organizer reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Contest in whole or in part should human intervention or an event take place that could alter or affect the administration, security, impartiality or operation of the Contest as provided for in these Contest rules, subject to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec, if required. The Contest Organizer cannot be held liable should such an event or intervention occur.
- Termination of the Contest. If the Contest must be terminated, in whole or in part, for any reason whatsoever before the closing date provided in these Contest rules, the Contest Organizer may, at its sole discretion, award the prizes by choosing from all eligible entries duly received up to the date of the event resulting in the termination of the Contest.
- Under no circumstances will the Contest Organizer be required to award more prizes or to award a prize other than what is set out in these Contest rules.
Limitation of liability – Contest entry. Anyone who enters or attempts to enter the Contest agrees to hold harmless the Contest Organizer and the persons on whose behalf the Contest is being held against any damages they may suffer from entering or attempting to enter the Contest.
- By accepting the prize, the winners authorize the Contest Organizer and the persons on whose behalf the Contest is being held to use, if required, their name, photo, likeness, voice, place of residence and prize statement for publicity purposes without any form of compensation.
- Communication with entrants. There will be no communication or correspondence about this Contest with entrants, except as provided for in these Contest rules or at the Contest Organizer’s initiative or to obtain consent to use entries made without purchase or consideration.
- Copyright Eligible Entrants give their consent for the Contest Organizer to use, produce and reproduce, in whole or in part, indefinitely, free of charge, and for internal purposes within Canada, the text submitted for Contest entry, without mentioning the author’s name. Eligible Entrants also consent to the Contest Organizer translating their statement, as needed, with no obligation to obtain their approval as to the correctness or accuracy of the translation. Eligible Entrants also give their consent for the Contest Organizer to correct the spelling of the text, as needed.
By accepting the prize, subject to their consent, Contest winners authorize the Contest Organizer, the caisses belonging to Fédération des caisses Desjardins du Québec and Caisse Desjardins Ontario Credit Union Inc. to collect, use, disclose and share, if necessary, their name, place of residence (city and province), prize statement, photo, likeness, voice and/or other representations and recordings featuring the winner in connection with the Contest, for publicity or promotional purposes, in any form of media (e.g., Desjardins website, Facebook pages), without any form of remuneration or compensation. Winners grant Desjardins the right to use and reproduce, in whole or in part, any visual content it may have captured for the purposes of the Contest.
- Intellectual property and copyright. By submitting a text, photo, composition, design or any other work (“Work”) for this Contest, the entrant guarantees that the Work is free of third-party rights and that the entrant, who holds all necessary rights, submits the Work and authorizes its use, modification, transmission, adaptation, publication, communication or distribution in any format, medium or technology including television, wireless or internet technologies. The entrant agrees to provide, upon request, proof that they hold the intellectual property rights or copyright for the Work and to indemnify and hold harmless the Organizer against any claim, action or lawsuit arising from the use of the Work.
- Property. All information and documents related to the Contest, including entry forms and Declaration Forms, technical, technological or operational information and information related to designs, computer systems, software, logos, trademarks and intellectual property are and will remain the exclusive property of the Contest Organizer. No information or documents will be returned to entrants.
- Personal information. Personal information gathered about entrants will be used solely for the purposes of administering the Contest. No communications, commercial or otherwise, unrelated to this Contest will be sent to entrants, unless they have otherwise consented to it.
Property. Entry forms and Declaration Forms are the property of the Contest Organizer and will not be returned to entrants under any circumstances.
- Decisions. All entrants agree to comply with these Contest rules and with any decisions made by the Contest Organizer, which are final and binding. Any decision by the Contest Organizer or its representatives regarding the Contest is final and binding, subject to a ruling by the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec on any matter under its jurisdiction.
- Entrants from Quebec. Any dispute regarding the organization or operation of a promotional contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any dispute regarding the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie for the sole purpose of reaching a settlement.
- If a section of these Contest rules is declared or deemed illegal, unenforceable or invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, that section will be considered null and void, but all other sections that are not affected will be enforced to the extent permitted by law.
- These Contest rules are available on the microsite of Caisse Desjardins de l’Éducation and at caisseeducation.ca under the Contests section. Entrants may also request a copy of the rules by writing to: email@example.com.
- In the event of a discrepancy between the French and English versions of these Contest rules, the French version will prevail.
- The Contest is subject to all applicable laws.