Building My Future Contest Rules
The Building My Future contest is organized by Caisse Desjardins de l’Éducation (the “Contest Organizer”) and runs from September 6, 2022, at 8:30 a.m. until November 18, 2022, at 3:00 p.m. (the “Contest Period”).
This contest is open to students who:
– Are 18 and older
– Are enrolled full- or part-time in an education-related program at a university with a Quebec address
– Are residents of Quebec
– Are members of Caisse Desjardins de l’Éducation at the time of the draw (the “Eligible Entrants”)
The following individuals are not eligible to enter the contest:
- Employees, managers and directors of Caisse Desjardins de l’Éducation
- Members of their immediate families (parents, siblings, children), their legal or common-law spouses or persons with whom they reside
- Individuals on whose behalf the contest is being held, their employees, representatives, agents, jury members and persons with whom they reside
HOW TO ENTER
To enter, Eligible Entrants must complete the form available on the caisse microsite (Caisse Desjardins de l’ Éducation, Montreal | Desjardins. com – Promotions and contests) and click on the Building My Future contest button. Eligible Entrants must provide the following information: their first name, last name, program, educational institution, phone number, city of residence and email address.
No purchase or consideration required. To enter the contest without purchase or consideration, Eligible Entrants must legibly hand write a letter with their first name, last name, proof of full- or part-time study, program, educational institution, phone number, city of residence, email address, the date, and an original text of approximately 50 words on the topic “my studies in education” and mail it in a postage-paid envelope to: Caisse Desjardins de l’Éducation, 2500–9405 rue Sherbrooke Est, Montreal, Quebec H1L 6P3. Entries without purchase or consideration must be postmarked no later than the final day of the contest—November 18, 2022—failing which they will be void. Upon receipt, the contest entry will automatically be registered and provide one (1) chance to win. Limit one (1) entry per stamped envelope. All such entries will be subject to the same terms and conditions as other entries. Mechanical reproductions will not be accepted. Entries are the property of the Contest Organizer and will not be returned.
Limit one (1) entry per Eligible Entrant, regardless of entry method used.
There are five (5) prizes of $1,000 each, for a total value of $5,000. Each prize consists of a $1,000 scholarship awarded in the form of a deposit in the winner’s account at Caisse Desjardins de l’Éducation.
The winner must pay for anything not included in the above description.
The winner, and not the Contest Organizer or the persons on whose behalf the contest is held, is solely responsible for paying any taxes that may arise from the awarding of the prize.
The winners will be randomly selected by computerized draw. The draw will be held on Thursday, December 1, 2022, in the presence of witnesses, meaning caisse employees, at the offices of Caisse Desjardins de l’Éducation located at 2500–9405 rue Sherbrooke Est, Montreal, Quebec H1L 6P3 and live streamed on the Desjardins Caisse de l’Éducation Facebook page. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
- To be declared a winner, the selected Entrants must:
- a) Be reached by email or telephone by a representative of the Contest Organizer within six (6) days of the draw. The selected Entrants must be reached within two (2) attempts and will have forty-eight (48) hours to return the message, failing which the selected Entrants will forfeit the prize.
- b) Confirm that they have met the eligibility conditions and other requirements in these contest rules.
- c) Correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited mathematical skill–testing question posed over the phone.
- d) Present their transcript or any other proof confirming their eligibility.
- e) Sign the declaration and release form (the “Declaration Form”) sent to them by mail, email or fax and return it to the Contest Organizer within ten (10) business days of receipt.
Should the selected Entrants fail to meet any of the above-mentioned terms or any other condition in these contest rules, the selected Entrants will be disqualified and, at the Contest Organizer’s discretion, the prize will be cancelled or a new draw will be held for the prize, in accordance with these contest rules, until an Entrant is selected and declared the prizewinner. In such a case, the same terms and conditions will apply and be adapted as necessary.
- Awarding of prizes. Within fifteen (15) days of receiving the Declaration Form, the Contest Organizer will send an email to the winners describing how to claim the prize. Should one of the selected Eligible Entrants refuse the prize, the Contest Organizer will be released from all obligations relating to the awarding of the prize and may, at its discretion, cancel the prize or hold a new draw in accordance with the procedure described in the previous paragraph.
- Verification. All entries and Declaration Forms may be subject to verification by the Contest Organizer. Any entry that is incomplete, inaccurate, illegible, mechanically reproduced, mutilated, fraudulent, registered or submitted late, contains an invalid telephone number or is otherwise non-compliant may be rejected and will not entitle the Entrant to the prize.
- Disqualification. Anyone who enters or attempts to enter this contest by means that do not comply with these contest rules or that are unfair to other Entrants (e.g., via hacking or using a voting group or false names) will be automatically disqualified and may be reported to the appropriate legal authorities.
- Contest operation. Any attempt to undermine the legitimate operation of this contest constitutes a violation of civil and criminal law. If any such attempts are made, the Contest Organizer reserves the right to reject the Entrant’s entries and obtain redress under the law.
- Acceptance of prizes. Prizes must be accepted as described in these contest rules and cannot be exchanged, substituted or transferred to anyone else, except as stipulated in these contest rules.
- Limitation of liability. If the Contest Organizer is unable to award the prize as described herein, it reserves the right to award a like prize of equal value or, at its sole discretion, to award the monetary value of the prize indicated herein.
In the event there are more prizes offered than Eligible Entrants, the Contest Organizer reserves the right to cancel the additional prizes.
- Limitation of liability: Use of prize. The winners release the Contest Organizer and the persons on whose behalf the contest is held from any liability for damage that may arise from entering the contest or from accepting or using the prize. The winners acknowledge that upon receipt of the prize or the letter confirming that they have won the prize, fulfilment of prize-related obligations becomes the sole and exclusive responsibility of the various product and service providers. The winners undertake to sign a declaration and release form to this effect. The winners acknowledge that the only applicable guarantee is the usual manufacturer’s warranty.
- Limitation of liability: Contest operation. The Contest Organizer and the persons on whose behalf the contest is held cannot be held liable for any malfunction of any computer component, software or line of communication, the loss or absence of network communication, or any transmission that is faulty, incomplete, incomprehensible or deleted by any computer or network and which may limit or prevent any person from reading the contest rules. Furthermore, the Contest Organizer cannot be held liable for any loss or damage that may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, by any web page, software or other download or by the transmission of any information concerning contest entry. More specifically, if the administration, security, impartiality, integrity or operation of the contest is corrupted or seriously affected by reason of a virus, bug, alteration, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other reason, the Contest Organizer reserves the right to cancel, modify, extend or suspend the contest without prior notice (subject to approval by the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec in Quebec).
- Limitation of liability: Receipt of entries. The Contest Organizer and the persons on whose behalf the contest is held cannot be held liable for entries that are lost, misdirected or late, including as a result of a postal service-related problem or any breakdown, for any reason whatsoever, of the website during the Contest Period, including any damage to an Entrant’s computer or mobile device.
- Limitation of liability: Situation beyond the Contest Organizer’s control. The Contest Organizer and the persons on whose behalf the contest is held cannot be held liable in any way whatsoever in the event their inability to act results from a fact or situation beyond their control, or from a strike, lockout or other labour dispute occurring in the organizations or companies whose services are used for contest operation.
- Contest changes. The Contest Organizer reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this contest in whole or in part should human intervention or an event take place that could alter or affect the administration, security, impartiality or operation of the contest as provided for in these contest rules, subject to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec, if required. The Contest Organizer cannot be held liable should such an event or intervention occur.
- Termination of the contest. If the contest must be terminated, in whole or in part, for any reason whatsoever before the closing date provided in these contest rules, the Contest Organizer may, at its sole discretion, award the prizes by choosing from all eligible entries duly received up to the date of the event resulting in the termination of the contest.
- Under no circumstances will the Contest Organizer be required to award more prizes or to award a prize other than in accordance with these contest rules.
Limitation of liability: Contest entry. By entering or attempting to enter the contest, Entrants agree to indemnify the Contest Organizer or persons on whose behalf the contest is held for any damage that may result from entering or attempting to enter the contest.
- By accepting a prize, the winners authorize the Contest Organizer and the persons on whose behalf the contest is held to use, if required, their name, photo, likeness, voice, place of residence and prize statement for publicity purposes without any form of compensation.
- Communication with Entrants. There will be no communication or correspondence about this contest with Entrants, except as provided for in these rules or at the Contest Organizer’s initiative or to obtain consent to use entries made without purchase or consideration.
- Personal information. Personal information about Entrants gathered in the course of the contest will be used solely to administer the contest. No communications, commercial or otherwise, unrelated to this contest will be sent to Entrants, unless they have otherwise agreed.
Property. Entry forms and Declaration Forms are the property of the Contest Organizer and will not be returned to Entrants under any circumstances.
- Decisions. All Entrants must comply with these contest rules and with any decisions made by the Contest Organizer, which are final and binding. Any decision by the Contest Organizer or its representatives regarding the contest is final and binding, subject to a ruling by the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec on any matter under its jurisdiction.
- Entrants from Quebec. Any dispute regarding the organization or operation of a promotional contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any dispute regarding the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie for the sole purpose of reaching a settlement.
- If a section of the contest rules is declared or deemed illegal, unenforceable or invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, that section will be considered null and void, but all other sections that are not affected will be enforced to the extent permitted by law.
- These contest rules are available at the caisse microsite (Caisse Desjardins de l’Éducation, Montreal | Desjardins.com – Promotions and contests). Entrants may request a copy of the rules at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In the event of a discrepancy between the French and English versions of these contest rules, the French version will prevail.
- The contest is subject to all applicable laws.